Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Vaad Hakohol Retains Fiscal Management Services

One of my commitments to Crown Heights was to make sure that the Vaad Hakohol and the CHJCC become mosdos that are transparent and can answer to the community.

The Community Council is subject to mandated audits on a semi-regular basis by government agencies, our grantors, as well as an independent auditor. Those books are razor sharp, and I'm very proud of that.

Because the Vaad Hakohol is in charge of religious affairs, there has never been a demand for that level of oversight by an outside agency. My goal is that the Vaad Hakohol should run with as much efficiency as any other business.

For that reason, we have retained professional financial management services from Shmuel Chanin, a friend of Crown Heights, philanthropist and shrewd businessman.  Mr. Chanin will bring the members of his own financial staff to provide the fiscal oversight to the Vaad Hakohol and the Vaad Hakashrus. His staff will guarantee that the books and financial structure of the both the Vaad Hakohol and Vaad Hakashrus are totally in order.

During my campaign I said that I wanted our mosdos to be transparent and accountable. I feel that this is a very strong movement to seeing that commitment realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please make sure that your words are free from loshon horah. Keep it positive!